4-H Leader Resources
Become a 4-H Leader Today!
If you are thinking about becoming a 4-H volunteer and would like to learn more, please call us at 970-542-3540. Morgan County 4-H Director is available to help you get started, look through project manuals, answer questions and offer assistance in completing forms.
Share Club News
We invite leaders to submit brief stories and digital photos of club activities, along with a caption of names, for the 4-H newsletters and e-blasts. Please submit articles and ideas to Aimee Kanode at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Club Secretary Guidebook
This book is a guide for 4-H club secretaries and adult volunteers to meet a variety of fiscal accounting needs. in many states. A copy of your Club’s Secretary book may be turned in during Interview Judging at the Morgan County Fair.
Club Treasurer Guidebook
This book is a guide for 4-H club treasurers and adult volunteers to meet a variety of fiscal accounting needs. in many states. A copy of your Club’s Treasurer book may be turned in during Interview Judging at the Morgan County Fair.
Tips for Financial Accountability:
If your club has a bank account, here are some questions to ask to assess if the club’s financial accountability is in order:
- Does your account have at least two signers from at least two different families?
- Does your club have an annual budget approved by the members?
- After a fundraising event, is the cash counted and reported by two individuals, not from the same family?
- If reimbursements are made, are the receipts signed and recorded?
- Are all checks for income made payable to the club account and not to any leader, member or other individual or firm?
- Are all checks promptly endorsed “For Deposit Only” in the name of the club?
- Does a committee of 4-H members and leaders conduct a review of the books each year?
Money Matters Fact Sheets
Chartering Deadline: September 1, 2021
Every fall, all 4-H Clubs must charter and submit all necessary chartering documents. Use the following chartering packet and links to guide the chartering process.
Use the 2020-2021 Chartering Packet to fill out the required chartering documents and learn about the chartering process. The documents are fill-able. Please first download and save this packet before filling in the information. You can fill in the information once you have saved it on your computer.
- 2020-2021 Chartering Packet (download before filling in information; save when complete)
- Chartering Checklist
- You can find specific chartering documents on the state website.
- Once you have all necessary forms filled out, the documents will need to be compiled into one PDF document for a single upload. You will need to email them to email@example.com to complete the chartering online.
- All clubs are required to have an EIN – see below.
If you have any questions or need assistance with compiling documents into one PDF file, email firstname.lastname@example.org, 4-H Agent.
Submit Your Club EIN Number
As determined by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), 4-H Clubs and Affiliated 4-H Organizations are exempt from federal income tax under the provisions which correspond to section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code. All 4-H clubs must submit their EIN number to the Morgan County Extension Office. For more information or to apply for an EIN, please visit this IRS web page. Learn more about 4-H Tax Exempt Status.
Send the EIN Application via mail or fax:
Internal Revenue Service
Attn: EIN Operation
Cincinnati, OH 45999
Fax: (855) 641-6935